September & October
September was so busy that I skipped my monthly round up of articles I had written, so here is September and October together. In addition to writing a cover story for the Riverwest Currents, an article for M, and a few blog posts, I tapped in to a couple new publications.
The first of these is Scandinavian Traveler, official in-flight magazine of Scandinavian Airlines, and the biggest lifestyle magazine in Scandinavia, with 1.4 million readers. One of their editors read my book Heroes in the Night and asked if I would write an article giving an overview of Real Life Superheroes. I enjoyed working with them quite a bit and am glad to say that I will have another article in their December issue.
I also contributed to a new magazine called Cryptid Culture, which focuses on cryptozoology. I have a link where you can order a copy below. Besides an article about the ethics of killing Bigfoot by me, you have articles from famed cryptozoologists like Loren Coleman, Linda S. Godfrey, and Ken Gerhard, among others.
33. “Superheroes of Our Time,” Scandinavian Traveler, September 2015
34. “Thus Concludes the Summer of the Lion,” Riverwest Currents, September 2015
35.”Monster of the Month: Mothman,” Forces of Geek, September 7, 2015
36. “Hella Gator Skates the Dish,” teakrulos.com, Sept. 25, 2015
September word count: 3,321
37. “World Music,” M magazine, October 2015 (page 32)
38. “Monster of the Month: Jersey Devil,” Forces of Geek, October 5, 2015
39. “The Strange Case of the Oak Leaf Man” teakrulos.com, October 27, 2015
40. “Bigfoot: Pro-kill or no-kill?,” Cryptid Culture, October 2015
Total 2015 word count: 120, 413
I’d like to also mention that I was guest this week for a segment on Wisconsin Public Radio’s Wisconsin Life, you can listen to that here: www.wisconsinlife.org/story/paranormal-investigators-look-ghosts-milwaukee
The Shepherd Express does an annual popular vote and I am a nominee for “Best Milwaukee Author.” If you would take a few minutes to vote for your favorite Milwaukee institutions and consider the Krulos candidacy, that would be awesome: Best of 2015.