I had three published pieces this month, one on Milwaukee singer Jeannine Rivers, another on the local comedy scene, and the Monster of the Month column. I got a couple more in the bag for next month already for Riverwest Currents, Milwaukee Record, and M, and there will maybe be one or two more.
9. “The Jazz Singer,” April 2015, M magazine. (page 86 )
10. “Ha ha ha! Milwaukee’s Underground Comedy Gets Last Laugh With Do-it-Yourself Approach,” April 9-15, Shepherd Express.
11. “Monster of the Month: Pepie, the Lake Monster of Lake Pepin,” April 10, Forces of Geek.
Total 2015 word count: 11,128
My New Year’s resolution was to keep better track of what I’m doing. I’ll be listing what I get published each month and at the end of 2015 I’ll be able to see how many articles and a rough word count of what I did over the year.
I spent a lot of January working behind the scenes. I read over proofs for my upcoming book Monster Hunters (out June 2015, Chicago Review Press) and spent a lot of time working on the Milwaukee Paranormal Conference (June 6, 2015), and working on promo material for Ballyhoo (a comic I wrote and David Beyer Jr. illustrated).
I did have three articles published this month.
1. “Testing and Taxing Your Brain,” M: Milwaukee’s Lifestyle Magazine, January 2015. Article about local trivia nights, built on trivia questions with answer key at bottom of the article. The link will take you to their digital edition, the article is on page 96.
2. “the Soil & the Sun @ Turner Hall Ballroom,” Shepherd Express, Jan. 29. Concert review.
3. “Neighborhood Spotlight: Boen Richardson: The Right Side of the Tracks,” Riverwest Currents, February 2015. I’m including it here, despite Feb. cover date because it is out on the street (but not online yet).
Total 2015 word count: 2,070 words.